quinta-feira, 6 de novembro de 2014

Um poema e um blues de Débora Morais


Blues Went to the City

A village. Another one with no name
Its name is no name, ghost-made
Dusty people in weary clothes
Crossing the street
A man fell asleep
On a train station seat
Never saw him waking --
I heard his guitar echoing,
Playing the whole country
Now in a city.
I hear that ancient rhythm
but also laughs full of light
and I laugh, too
Electrically
While a child helplessly weeps
People dance outside in the street.
Their footsteps' swing,
The trainstation man's heartbeat
They're one

______________________________________
 When I was feelin' lonely
I always used to cry
When I was feelin' lonely
I always used to cry
But my timber heart rhythm
Made my tears dry

Some may think I'm a fool
'Cause I laugh loud and rough
Yeah some may think I'm a fool
'Cause I laugh loud and rough
Well they just do not know
How this country made me tough

I made my way to the city
With nothin' but my blues
So I made my way to the city
'Cause I ain't got nothin' but the blues
All I could find was no work
I had no dime to buy new shoes

And now I'm here by myself
All I see is white men walkin'
And now I'm here by myself
All I hear is white men talkin'
While I'm here playin'
And all the black men do the workin'

... e um vídeo deste último, com voz de Catarina e música de Débora
 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário